Education & Training Coordinator (Internal)
Posted: Aug 18, 2017
We currently have an opening for the position of Education & Training Coordinator (Internal) located in the Vancouver Office. This is a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the National Manager, Education & Training and the Manager, Warehouse Operations - Whites Vancouver, the Education and Training Coordinator (Internal) has a primary responsibility to one stream of focus, as outlined in the Education & Training Department mandate: internal staff training. This individual also holds a secondary responsibility by providing a support role to the other two streams of focus, as set out in the mandate: industry professionals and post-secondary/emerging filmmakers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Front-line training and teaching of internal staff training programs, job specific and health and safety (based on the Coordinator’s expertise and knowledge). Training of staff will be a shared responsibility with Department Managers and/or Supervisors, as required. Some examples include the Lighting & Grip Training Program, Employee Mentor Program, etc.
- It is the expectation of management that the Education & Training Coordinator build their equipment knowledge base so that they may teach 75% - 90% of the Lighting & Grip Training Curriculum (job specific program) and the company’s operational procedures. A period of professional development will be facilitated by management to aid in building the Coordinator’s equipment and operational knowledge base.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate any internal staff training initiatives (workshops, seminars, events, Staff Learning Sessions, Safety Job Box, modules, first aid, working at heights, etc.) for which the Coordinator cannot directly teach.
- Writing of learning curriculums and/or lesson plans for internal staff training.
- Primary forklift trainer, both theory and practical, for WFW staff.
- Participate in and assist with workplace health and safety matters, including but may not be limited to: conduct workplace orientations and WHMIS training for new and transferred employees, provide assistance with research on provincial health and safety legislation.
- Participate as a worker representative on the Joint Health & Safety Committee and represent the interests of the Education & Training Department.
- Provide a support role to the National Manager, Education & Training with respect to coordination and facilitation of internal staff training initiatives.
- Conduct facility tours for post-secondary students and emerging filmmakers, as required.
- Regional liaison for the National Grants Program but, does not have a CSR function nor role.
- Maintain training records and the National Training Matrix, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Some physical labour required: equipment set-ups related to workshops, seminars, events, etc.
- Occasional weekend work required i.e., Third Party Training Initiatives, Staff Training Sessions (when required), etc.
- Other departmental and administrative duties as required.
- 2-3 years professional coordinator experience in any of the following: workshops / classes / on-set production / events, etc.
- 2-3 years teaching experience in any of the following areas: adult learning, public or secondary school system, corporate level, etc.
- Production experience and a familiarity with film/television production equipment and/or cameras would be considered an asset
- Strong public speaking skills
- Competence and understanding of social media websites and apps
- Works well in a team-based environment
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able and willing to perform physical labour, includes lifting up to 40 pounds
Should you or anyone you know have the qualifications and are interested in this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The deadline for resume submission is 5:00pm on September 8, 2017.
National Inventory & Logistics
Posted: Aug 16, 2017
We currently have an opening for the position of National Inventory & Logistics. Reporting to the Director, National Rental Inventory, this position will focus primarily on national inventory tracking and updates. They will have a secondary reporting to the Manager, National Purchasing for some purchasing duties, which will be liaised through the Director, National Rental Inventory. This position encompasses all rental departments for WFWI and WLES.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform inventory adjustments including adds, retires, barcodes, barcode conversions, receive and post inventory for new purchases, replacement cost update research.
- Create, for review and approval, 1st Pass Capex Requests from regional offices; Assist in the creation of new Purchase Orders.
- Perform adjustments to the equipment code list, categories, and other data structures within RTPro.
- Collect and file packing slips from all locations for entry of new equipment into RTPro through the receiving and posting of inventory.
- Lead national inventory counts including national spot checks, annual national inventory counts, and barcoding weekends.
- Daily monitoring of negative inventory and transfer reports.
- Provide direct input on national inventory policies and procedures and make recommendations on modifications/updates; assist with roll-out of RFID tracking technologies; assist in planning of future inventory tracking technologies including automation.
- Provide national support for Rental Tracker Pro users and barcode scanning (RTPro Support) – including the training of super users.
- Key contact for Regional Inventory Co-ordinators.
- Provide input on barcoding and branding initiatives.
- Provide input on the purchase and distribution of new equipment and interoffice transfers.
- Assist IT when necessary for updates to software and upgrades to equipment such as scanners.
- Provide greater control of split rental inventory – tracking, reporting, additions, vendor contacts and contracts.
- Provide logistics guidance and oversight to the national team regarding shipments, importation paperwork and processes that ensures we can move items cross border in a streamlined and effective manner with limited impact to our costs; Essentially a subject matter expert that can answer questions for the team for transportation, customs and insurance.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ industry, rental house, supply chain management or warehouse logistics experience.
- Wide range of industry specific equipment knowledge.
- Inventory management experience.
- Detailed oriented, good computer & communication skills.
- Demonstrated team experience.
Should you or anyone you know have the qualifications and are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The deadline for resume submission is 5:00pm on August 25, 2017.
Posted: Jul 20, 2017
Whites Vancouver is looking for individuals to join our Warehouse team! This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization servicing the thriving film and television production industry in B.C. These are full time permanent roles with competitive base salaries and full benefits coverage including a matching RRSP program.
This is the opportunity to learn from the warehouse level up. These are physically demanding entry level positions which allow you to learn the equipment and our internal processes and interact with a variety of individuals within the workplace. No prior experience is required; we are looking for enthusiastic, reliable and flexible people to build our future around.
If you or anyone you know are interested in this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fleet & Generator Mechanic
Posted: Jul 6, 2017
We currently have an opening for a Fleet & Generator Mechanic in our Toronto Office. This is a full time permanent role with a competitive base salary and full benefits coverage including a matching RRSP program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Diagnoses problems and repairs rolling stock but not limited to Tractors, Trailers, Cube Vans, Delivery Vehicles, Lift Trucks, Shop Equipment, Lifting Devices, mobile equipment, etc.
- Diagnose problems and repair brakes, transmissions, differentials, and clutches, hydraulic systems, valves, pumps, vehicle electronics/diagnostics and electrical/lighting problems.
- Performs tune-ups and regular maintenance as per Manufacturers Recommendations on vehicles as needed.
- Prepares shop work orders on equipment repair.
- Checks and schedules work with other departments.
- Maintains vehicle repair orders/equipment repair records to MTO standards on all fleet repairs.
- Orders parts as needed to maintain stock; picks up parts.
- Makes field service calls and repairs at any and all hours as needed and authorized by the Fleet& Generator Manager.
- Maintain a Cleans shop, storage area, parts room and working environment.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Welds non-structural steel and aluminum equipment as needed.
- Sand blasts, paints and repairs body of equipment as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be in possession of a class AZ or DZ driver’s license or be willing to obtain an AZ or DZ license within three months of commencing employment.
- Must be certified 310T Truck and Coach Technician.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience as a mechanic with proven experience diagnosing mechanical problems and making repairs.
- Must possess knowledge of standard materials, tools, equipment and skill in the use and care of these tools.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- This is a physically demanding role with frequent requirement to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Provide a reasonable inventory of hand/air tools to perform the required tasks.
- Must be organized, punctual and self-motivated.
- Must work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
Should you or anyone you know have the qualifications and are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com for consideration. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please include your annual salary expectations with your application.