Whites Vancouver Warehouse Staff
Posted: May 18, 2016
Whites Vancouver currently has some exciting openings for full time permanent employment in our warehouse. If you’re looking to be a part of a growing and exciting group, we want you to join our team.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the attention of Jason Bilodeau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whites Vancouver - Education & Training Coordinator
Posted: May 25, 2016
We currently have an opening for the position of Education & Training Coordinator located in the Vancouver Office. This is a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the National Manager, Education & Training this position has a primary responsibility to one stream of focus, as outlined in the Education & Training Department mandate: internal staff training. This individual also holds a secondary responsibility by providing a support role to the other two streams of focus, as set out in the mandate: industry professionals and post-secondary/ emerging filmmakers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Front-line training and teaching of internal job specific staff training programs (based on the Coordinator’s expertise and knowledge). Training of staff will be a shared responsibility with Department Managers and/or Supervisors, as required.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate any education and training initiatives (workshops, seminars, events, learning sessions, modules, etc.) targeted toward staff, i.e. Staff Learning Sessions, Safety Job Box, etc.
- Provide a significant support role to the National Manager, Education & Training, at the Vancouver office, with respect to coordination and/or facilitation of internal staff training initiatives.
- Regional liaison for the National Grants Program.
- Primary Forklift Trainer for staff only (outsourced training will be provided to become a certified operator and to become a certified trainer, respectively).
- Conduct facility tours for post-secondary students and emerging filmmakers, as required.
- Provide assistance with social media postings and associated department PR & Marketing endeavours.
- Provide research and data collection assistance, as needed.
- Maintain training records, both digital and hard copy, while ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Some physical labour required: equipment set-ups related to workshops, seminars, events, etc.
- Other departmental and administrative duties as required.
- 2-3 years professional coordinator experience in any of the following: workshops / classes / on-set production / events, etc.
- 2-3 years teaching experience in any of the following areas: adult learning, secondary or post-secondary systems, corporate level, etc.
- Production experience and a familiarity with film/television production equipment and/or cameras would be considered an asset
- Strong public speaking skills
- Competence and understanding of social media websites and apps
- Excellent research, organizational and listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and must be detail oriented
- Must be able and willing to perform physical labour, includes lifting up to 40 pounds
- Highly experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Should you or anyone you know have the qualifications and are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com consideration. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The deadline for resume submission is 5:00pm on Monday, March 28, 2016.