Posted: Sep 7, 2016
We currently have an opening in our Whites Vancouver office for a Shipper/Receiver. This is a full time permanent role.
The duties and responsibilities include:
• Prioritize daily workload (Local, National, International, sub rentals) and assign tasks to driver.
• Ensure that the driver stay on schedule (pick-ups, drop-offs, lunch, projects).
• Work closely with the Sub Rental Coordinator/Rentals Desk Coordinator to ensure the timely delivery and return of sub rented equipment.
• Ensure that all incoming received equipment from other locations is counted and paperwork is turned in to the desk for proper check-in.
• Ensure that all outgoing equipment to other locations is counted, packaged, and includes all proper documentation.
• Ensure that All cross border documentation is complete for timely and successful delivery.
• Ensure that all goods received are cross referenced against a packing slips (must be signed and dated) and turned in to the Rentals Desk Coordinator in a timely manner.
• Be the direct contact for couriers, logistics, and brokers. Submit accurate shipping quotes to the CSR’s in a timely manner.
• Attend daily general meeting, daily departmental head meeting and daily afternoon rentals meeting
• Drive when needed.
• Must be able to open and close the warehouse.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to productions and crew.
• Create a work environment that fosters creativity, ingenuity and high staff morale.
• Reduce costs whenever and wherever possible.
The Shipper/Receiver will also be asked to assist in other areas of the Warehouse as needed. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Work on special projects assigned by the Supervisor, Warehouse or the Manager, Warehouse Operations.
• Process equipment in all departments (Cable, Grip, Fabric, Electrics, and Triage).
• Organize equipment on shelves.
• Assist with warehouse reorganization projects.
• Operate the forklift for all departments.
• Assist with keeping the yard clean.
• Minimum of 2 years Shipping and Receiving experience (both domestic and international)
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent management skills
• Able to multi-task
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent numeric skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work up to 12 hours per day if needed
Note: This is a physically demanding job
Whites LES Vancouver - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Posted: Sep 19, 2016
Whites LES Vancouver is looking for energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our team!
We currently have an opening for a Customer Service Representative ("CSR"). A critical role to our operation, CSR’s act as the main point of contact between Whites LES and our customer base. This entails entering equipment orders, generating quotes, coordinating the rental of equipment and working closely with our entire team to ensure second-to-none customer experience. This is a full time permanent role with competitive base salaries and full benefits coverage including a matching RRSP program.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Liaise with customers in the collection of all job related information including job name, production type, job dates and job contacts and entering them into the relevant system.
- Schedule all washroom orders and services and pickups for all shows.
- Answer incoming calls and re-direct to appropriate individuals as required.
- Schedule all house preps – preps and wraps for all shows.
- Create and enter purchase orders into Dynamics.
- General office administration including (but not limited to); ordering office supplies, coordinate office coffee and water service, distribution of swag materials, coordinate 407 transponders and stocking of first aid kits.
- Opening and sorting of office mail including matching cheques and invoices.
- Work closely with Operations Manager, Rentals Desk Coordinator and CSR’s to coordinate weekly and daily scheduling.
- Field any customer concerns or complaints and ensure all concerns or complaints are addressed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with other internal departments as required.
- Order various rental equipment and sales items.
- Coordinate customer pick-ups or deliveries.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records within the computer system and paperwork back-up.
- Other duties as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.).
- Knowledge of the film industry including equipment and personnel.
- Working knowledge of RTPro would be considered an asset, however not required.
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal and multitasking skills.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested applicants can forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Posted: Oct 4, 2016
We are currently looking to fill a variety of positions including: Warehouse/Floor Staff, Maintenance Technicians, Generator/Fleet Technician and others. These are full time permanent roles with competitive base salaries and full benefits coverage including a matching RRSP program.
If you are interested in applying to any of the above positions, please submit a resume to email@example.com indicating in the subject line which position(s) you would like to apply for.
If the above positions aren’t suited to your qualifications, please feel free to submit your resume for consideration for any other roles that may become available. We are always looking to add great people to our team.