Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
Put people first
We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
Do what we say
We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
We engage and empower great people to do great things.
Support our communities
We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity
WFW’s Specialty Equipment team is the industry’s go-to for innovative gear and are known for providing the solutions in order to obtain truly memorable shots. From jibs and remote heads to the largest inventory of telescoping cranes in the country, we even carry the SuperTechno 100R, the only one of its kind in the world. Our team also specializes in custom built camera cars, we get fired up about electric vehicles, off-road cars and motorcycles that boast multiple camera platforms. We’re known for our expert technicians who help clients extract the full potential of every option with specialty equipment in our inventory. For every epic shot you see on the big screens, Specialty Equipment and expert technicians are likely working behind the scenes to make it all happen.
To better serve the production industry’s growing ambitions, our Specialty Equipment team is looking for the perfect candidate to join us in the role of Balloon Associate. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Vancouver and the hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Pull, ship, and return all balloon light orders, follow proper inventory control and management procedures, and notify the Client Service Representatives of any damages within 48hrs of equipment return.
- Act as the main point of contact for all balloon related enquiries.
- Coordinate with balloon light vendors with regards to inventory levels and quality as well as any updates, repairs, and/or additional requirements.
- Coordinate with maintenance and/or balloon light equipment suppliers for larger repairs.
- Keep equipment and related transport in full working order performing/arranging recommended maintenance when needed.
- Create systems and procedures for maintenance history, shipping, and job reporting.
- Report any situations to Operations and Equipment managers that may alter or prevent rental opportunities.
- Maintain gas stocks and remain up to date with availability issues of gasses as well as transit of gasses.
- Assist with training and promotional events.
- Maintain records of balloon and accessory distribution across the country.
- Ensure all intercompany procedures and paperwork are fully completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the inventory team to ensure the addition and deletion of inventory in RTPro.
- Coordinate with Client Services to ensure customer demands are being met.
- Generate quotes, contracts, and drafts in RTPro.
- Liaise with technicians over maintenance, load, and prep requirements.
- Maintain an adequate pool of balloon light technicians and coordinate training for new and existing technicians.
- Build relationships with Production staff and crew through office and set visits.
- Assist in the maintenance and prep of all Whites Speciality Equipment as required.
- Increase Whites’ balloon light market share and revenue.
- Track competitors: inventory and technology, relationships, and overall market share.
- Assist as an on-set balloon light technician when necessary.
- Comply with all WorkSafe requirements.
- Overtime as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Post Secondary Education in Film, Television or Media
- At least 30 days of on-set experience is recommended
- Sales experience is an asset.
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. Our Education and Training team is serious about supporting you with resources to perform at your very best and there is a tuition reimbursement program amongst other things. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s unsatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to HR@whites.com. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.