Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
Put people first
We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
Do what we say
We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
We engage and empower great people to do great things.
Support our communities
We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity
We currently have an opening for the position of Client Service Representative, Lighting, Grip & Power located in Calgary. This position is full time and reports to the General Manager. The hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
The Client Service Representative, Lighting and Grip is the primary point of contact between the production and WFW during a show’s production and coordinates the daily activity required to provide a high level of service to assigned production accounts. The position demands careful attention to a production’s ever-evolving schedule & needs and a deep understanding of our operational procedures, always conveyed with utmost professionalism both internally and externally. The successful applicant will have opportunities to work from home but is expected to be available to work from the office when required.
- Be the main point of contact between WFW and our customers for long and short format productions
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure a second-to-none customer experience at all levels of production
o Advise of any issues likely to affect the quality of service that we provide to our customers
- Input equipment orders and generate quotes
o Including but not limited to the sourcing and rental of specialized and short-stocked equipment
- Send accurate pull lists to Warehouse Operations and arrange for customer pick-ups and returns
- Work closely with Warehouse Operations to ensure timely preparation of customer packages
- Review returns applied to inventory management system by Rentals Desk staff to ensure accuracy
- Bill all losses and damages to shows
o Liaise with WFW Sales contact on all L&D charges
- Review show rental billing
o Approve daily/weekly reports to ensure all orders and jobs are accurately billed and closed
- Assist the other members of the team including WSE and LES.
- Reduce costs whenever and wherever possible
- Create a work environment that fosters creativity, ingenuity and high staff morale
- Able to manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail
- Able to re-prioritize last-minute tasks in order to achieve simultaneous deadlines
- Able to stay professional in high-pressure situations
- Team player
- Robust computer skills
- Microsoft Office
o 3-5 years’ experience with Data Base/inventory management systems (RentalWorks experience considered an asset)
o Project/task management applications (Salesforce, Trello, Skedda considered an asset)
- Minimum 2 years industry-related experience
- Knowledge of film industry equipment
o Cable and distribution
o Dimming/lighting control
- Willing and able to work outside of regular hours when necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Outstanding organizational skills
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. Our Education and Training team is serious about supporting you with resources to perform at your very best and there is a tuition reimbursement program amongst other things. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s insatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to HR@whites.com. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.