Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
- Put people first
We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
- Do what we say
We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
- Foster excellence
We engage and empower great people to do great things.
- Support our communities
We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity
A career with shared services at WFW provides a collaborative work environment where you will be an essential part of supporting the company on a national level. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Health and Safety, Education and Training, along with Marketing and Finance, your contributions are vital to the success of the company and ultimately, help make the magic of movies happen.
To better serve and support our team, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us in the role of Junior Sales & Client Services Coordinator (East). This is a full-time, permanent position located in Toronto.
- Track all incoming leads across WFW, WSE, WLES and Camera in Eastern Canada:
- Maintain the weekly leads and market share updates
- Communicate weekly leads to the entire sales team
- Conduct additional research on upcoming projects using Variety Insights, IMDbPro and Stakeholder Sheets (IATSE)
- Assist team with qualifying leads and coordinate with West
- Mentor with Sales Directors in a junior sales role
- Assist the sales team in the coordination of sales trips.
- Assist in creating a strategic target list for meeting - looking at both past clients and potential future clients.
- Provide research and bios in preparation for meetings.
- Maintain new contacts or updates to current contacts in Salesforce.
- Assist in compiling a post market report and ensure sales info is entered into Salesforce.
- Assist the Canadian and Emerging Film Sales team with directives
- Research the current funding lists for leads and contacts nationally.
- Supervise and manage short format shows.
- Assist the Education and Training department in the creation of training manuals and user guides
- Troubleshoot and address any issues or errors
- Working with WFW Digital team to fix errors that occurred during import
- Add and update assigned information related to market including leads, notes, contact updates, show updates, building contact relationships and creating reports
- Responsible for Salesforce sales cloud program
- Organize data cleaning in Salesforce
- Meeting support for Salesforce
- Play a proactive role within the Digital Team on an on-going basis to develop and streamline communication and information sharing systems across all Whites lines of businesses
- Participate in a weekly marketing call
- Assist in managing client invite lists
- Work with sales team in preparation of marketing requests and requirements
- Assist with the RSVP list for the client reception
- Analytics reporting when requested
- Responsible for disseminating client surveys for internal review
- Ensure accurate reporting of responses is generated and presented when necessary
- Follow up on results and organize survey data
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent experience in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Previous experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Professional experience and/or education in public relations/marketing/corporate communications an asset
- Previous experience in a sales position would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with a rental software program would be considered an asset
- Project management experience would be an asset would be considered an asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment both independently and in a team environment
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to take direction
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. Our Education and Training team is serious about supporting you with resources to perform at your very best and there is a tuition reimbursement program amongst other things. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s unsatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to HR@whites.com. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.