Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
- Put people first
We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
- Do what we say
We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
- Foster excellence
We engage and empower great people to do great things.
- Support our communities
We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity
WFW operates a growing portfolio of state-of-the-art production studios in the Vancouver and Toronto area that can handle projects of any size. With 32 sound stages and ample mixed-use high-ceiling warehouse space spread across our nine facilities, WFW Studios now manages over 1 million square feet of production-ready studio space. Working in tandem with our diverse range of clients, from the rising stars to content giants such as Netflix, Amazon, and Disney, our Studios team is truly on the forefront of where all the magic happens.
To better serve the production industry’s growing ambitions, our William F. White Studios team is looking for the perfect candidate to join us in the role of Maintenance Supervisor - WFW Studios. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Vancouver. This position reports to the Property Manager, WFW Studios and the hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
The Maintenance Supervisor ensures the WFW Studios brand leads the market in client experience by taking proactive steps to improve operations and exceed client expectations.
- Supervise Maintenance Assistant(s)
- Schedule maintenance work
- Manage timesheets (weekly hours, vacation requests, sick days etc.).
- Conduct yearly employee performance reviews
- Attend weekly Studios Teams Meetings
- Work with Property Manager to budget for maintenance related requests & forecast for the coming year.
- Manage the fleet vehicle provided, adhering to Sunbelt’s Operating Rules.
- Reconcile maintenance credit card(s) monthly.
- Perform maintenance and light repairs.
- Perform routine landscaping on the grounds.
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks etc.).
- Perform light installation or carpentry (e.g., build cabinets).
- Repair equipment or appliances.
- Work directly with productions to fulfil their maintenance requests.
- Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing and/or HVAC repairs.
- Undertake duties and/or emergency tasks as required (e.g., shoveling snow).
- Identify and report the need for major repairs.
- Other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong hands-on experience with general construction and repair skills.
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment.
- Willingness to work afterhours as required
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience is required
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and/or HVAC systems.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Well-organized and adept at problem-solving.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Will be provided with a company vehicle during work hours.
- Boom, scissor lift or forklift ticket is an asset. Will facilitate certification if required.
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. Our Education and Training team is serious about supporting you with resources to perform at your very best and there is a tuition reimbursement program amongst other things. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s insatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.