Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
- Put people first
o We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
- Do what we say
o We act with integrity and follow through on our commi tments.
- Foster excellence
o We engage and empower great people to do great things.
- Support our communities
o We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity
Virtual Production is the latest addition to our suite of services and one we are positioning for rapid expansion. This filmmaking process allows content creators to utilize a combination of live action and cutting-edge digitally created environments rendered on LED walls and ceiling (known as “volumes”) to deliver a production experience unlike any other. At WFW, we see Virtual Production as an integral part of the future of filmmaking. Notable productions like Disney’s The Mandalorian and CBS’ Star Trek: Discovery have already taken advantage of this technology to create incredible high-fantasy, science fiction worlds all while inside a virtual studio.
To better serve the production industry’s growing ambitions, our Virtual Production team in Toronto is looking for a talented and experienced individual to join us in the full time/permanent role of Project Manager. You will oversee the management of department priorities, resources and invoices. Strong communication skills, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills will be crucial to success in this role. Working closely with the Director, Virtual Production you will help to keep WFW projects on track across Canada and internationally. A strong understanding of film production process along with, different department’s responsibilities and equipment, will be a big asset in this role.
- Coordinate and lead virtual production volume builds and installation with Pixomondo, build the crew, riggers, sound stage requirements and third-party vendors
- Liaise with all team members with virtual production build, including leading team meetings, supplying build schedules and tracking build progress.
- Collaborate with all lines-of-business at WFW where necessary.
- Perform CSR related responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
- Receive requests from customers (primarily via phone/email).
- Collect all required job and customer information.
- Generate quotes, orders, and invoices.
- Liaise with the virtual production team regarding all relevant project details.
- Process missing and damaged reports for equipment returns, sending the reports to production for approval of payment.
- Liaise with hardware manufacturers.
- Bill rental and L&D orders in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of orders.
- Organize and execute all billing on behalf of WFW and partner vendors for virtual production.
- Track revenue share with partner vendors.
- Monitor and assess inventory levels to ensure optimal availability and utilization of resources. Liaise with VP, Rental Inventory and team.
- Support Director, Virtual Production in generating reports, analyzing inventory usage, evaluating potential purchases, and conveying client needs.
- Create and update production calendars, and coordinate with other WFW departments (Accounting, Camera, Lighting & Grip etc.) on a per-job basis as required.
- Work with Director, Virtual Production to ensure on-site tests, shipments, and other processes are managed and communicated clearly with the technical staff.
- Field any customer concerns or complaints, ensuring all are addressed in a timely manner.
- Remain updated on new equipment and technologies, including their uses, to aid customers.
- Foster strong relationships with clients and industry contacts.
- Work with Director, Virtual Production for revenue projections and income statements.
- Other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working directly with clients in a corporate or service industry related organization.
- 3-5 years experience with VFX and\or Virtual Production.
- Knowledge of production workflow and processes would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of virtual production equipment and technology would be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a motion picture industry rental house in a client services role using a rental software program is preferred.
- Post-secondary education in a motion picture industry related program would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, coordinating and project management skills.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Willing to work flexible hours when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Committed to providing exceptional service to customers and to support staff members.
- Able to analyze data and processes, identify potential problems and trends, and develop solutions and strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Excel, Word, etc.).
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. Our Education and Training team is serious about supporting you with resources to perform at your very best and there is a tuition reimbursement program amongst other things. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s unsatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to HR@whites.com. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.