Founded in 1963, William F. White International Inc. (“WFW”), a Sunbelt Rentals Company, is Canada’s oldest and largest provider of production equipment to the entertainment industry. With offices across the country, the company services productions of all sizes from coast to coast and houses an extensive state-of-the-art inventory, including camera, lighting, grip, specialty equipment, location support and a growing portfolio of premium studio properties.
Our Shared Purpose
What really gets you out of bed every morning? Other than the smell of coffee, we’re driven by our shared purpose- to make the magic of storytelling happen. It’s not a surprise that our team is comprised of passionate creators and experienced technical experts. The one thing we all have in common is our love for “moving pictures”, whether it’s glossy high budget TV series or a homegrown Canadian indie film. Our job is to help bring the magic of storytelling to life, by supporting our clients as their go-to Partners in Production.
Values are important to us, not only do they set us apart from the pack, but these shared values also bring us together. At the end of the day, it’s these principles that we strive to live by in our everyday professional lives and what we turn to in the face of adversity.
- Put people first
We support and respect our team, clients, and community before anything else.
- Do what we say
We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments.
- Foster excellence
We engage and empower great people to do great things.
- Support our communities
We work with our industry partners to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
The Golden Opportunity
A career with Shared Services at WFW provides a collaborative work environment where you will be an essential part of supporting the company on a national level. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Health and Safety, Education and Training, along with Marketing and Finance, your contributions are vital to the success of the company and ultimately, help make the magic of movies happen.
To better serve the production industry’s growing ambitions, our Information Technology team is looking for an individual to join us in the role of Tier 2 Support Technician. This is a full-time permanent position located in Vancouver.
- Help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding systems infrastructure.
- Maintain all remote Studio sites in the Richmond/Surrey and Calgary locations and assist with site visits for WFW in Burnaby.
- Install new/configure/rebuild existing switches, servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily network / system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Ensure deployed software packages are updated and secure.
- Investigate and troubleshoot systems-related issues.
- Develop and maintain system documentation and procedures.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have a minimum of 2 years post-secondary education in Network/IT/computers.
- Previous experience with Avaya IP office manager is a plus.
- 2-3 Years Network System Administration experience.
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS.
- Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows Server 2016.
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” attitude.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience with Cloud, specifically Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Experience with Citrix is a plus.
- Attention to detail is essential.
The Icing on the Cake
We’ve got your essentials covered, from competitive base salaries and a group benefits package (with massages and dental) to a group RRSP plan and a company wide profit-sharing program. Our Education and Training team is serious about supporting you with resources to perform at your very best and there is a tuition reimbursement program amongst other things. The WFW team is growing at a rapid rate to meet the world’s unsatiable hunger for awesome content. We’re literally helping to shape the future of entertainment. Join us.
If this sounds like your #dreamjob, then send your best resume to HR@whites.com. All applications will be considered, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.